It’s a Great Time to be a Member!
Whether you are a full-time or part-time musician, if you are working professionally, it is in your best interest to belong to the only organization whose sole function is to represent the interests of musicians. The AFM has been promoting and protecting Professional Musicians for over 100 years, and continues to be an effective advocate for musicians’ rights. Our members perform all styles of music in every kind of venue and recording studio.
Local 105 Membership Rates
Regular Dues: $157.50 (paid Annually) or $41.21 (paid Quarterly)
Federation Initiation Fee (one-time): $65.00
Local AFM 105 Initiation Fee (one-time): $15.00
Rejoin/Reinstatement Fee (one-time): $15.00
Join online here or print these AFM applications (PDF): English | Español
Special Discounted Rates
- Bands that join together will have all initiation fees waived – a savings of $80 per member.
- Youth Members: Musicians under the age of 21 can join for the discounted rate of $106.05 annually, with all initiation fees waived.
- If endorsed by 3 members of Local 105, the $15 AFM 105 Initiation Fee is waived.
Member Benefits Include:
- Referral Service
- Easy-to-use, Fillable Contracts, available in the Members Only section of our website
- Contract Enforcement
- Free band listings on www.afmentertainment.org and www.afm105.org
- AFM 105 Teacher Listing on our website, also mailed yearly to all band & orchestra teachers in District 81, Mead, and Spokane Valley; more districts to be added soon!
- Musicians’ Pension, accessible upon retirement or age 65
- Reduced Cost Insurance: Instrument and Equipment, Dental, Life, Liability and more
- Free Publications: International Musician, Repertoire, Weekly E-News
- Access to and help applying for: the Lester Petrillo Fund for Disabled Musicians, Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, SAG-AFTRA Actors’ Fund, MusiCares Grammy Foundation, and the Foundation for Working Families
- Reduced cost Musicians’ Mortgage and Loan Programs
- Free legal consultations
- Tempo, our PAC, lobbies on behalf of musicians. Current objectives include expedited passports, NEA funding, and airline travel musical instrument protection
- Immigration Assistance
- Discounts: AT&T Wireless, Auto Rentals, Computers, Flowers, Movie tickets, Travel, and more
- Networking within the labor movement and with other musicians